Christmas is here again and as we approach the 25th, you might be looking for some gift inspiration for the climber, mountaineer or camper in your life. In this short but comprehensive guide, we'll suggest a range of stocking fillers for the different types of mountain enthusiast in your life. To qualify as a 'stocking filler', the items will cost less than £30.
*Order by Friday 16th December 2pm with EXPRESS postage for pre-Christmas delivery.
Outdoor climbers will often have a lot of kit already so, here are 3 stocking fillers that should make their climbing life that bit nicer.
- Outdoor Research Juneau Beanie - The best climbing conditions are often in the cold so, keep your outdoor climber warm with the super Juneau Beanie from Outdoor Research.
- Rock + Run Finger Tape Mixed 13M (3 Pack) - Rock is tough on a climber's skin, make sure they've got the tape they need to keep on climbing.
- Rock+Run Shaped Boars Hair Brush 2 Pack - The perfect stocking filler and the best brushes we’ve ever used on outdoor rock – you can never have too many and our 2 pack is the best value on the market.
If the climber in your life has just started climbing then there are plenty of small items that will make a big difference down at the wall.
- Mammut Gym Basic Chalk Bag - A chalk bag is an essential for newer climbers.
- CAMP Chunky Chalk (450g) - Your new climber will need some chalk to go with their new bag and this chunky stuff from CAMP is perfect.
- Climbskin Hand Cream - The hardest bit about starting climbing is the damage it does to the skin on your hands, but this Hand Cream from Climbskin is the perfect, grease-free tonic.
Experienced indoor climbers, like outdoor climbers, will probably have everything they need but here are some fillers to make their life nicer too.
- Boot Bananas - A must have accessory for indoor climbers and your nose.
- YY Elastic Bands - Climbing indoors can be incredibly strenuous on your climber's body so make sure they warm up and rehabilitate properly with these great exercise bands from Y&Y.
- FrictionLabs Secret Stuff - Often our secret weapon at the climbing gym, this liquid chalk from FrictionLabs is unbeatable for keeping those hands sweat free in the warmest environments.
Winter climbers are, arguably, the most difficult to buy for. Winter and alpine kit is pretty specialist and can demand big bucks but, here are some smaller stocking fillers that shouldn't break the bank.
- Rock+Run e-Gift Card - Not sure what to buy your winter climber? Well, let them choose themselves with our online gift cards.
- Nordisk Mos Down Slippers - A winter essential, keep your climber's feet warm both at home and on overnight camps with these toasty slippers from Nordisk.
- Outdoor Research Alpine Fleece Balaclava - Full face protection from the cold, what more could your winter climber want?
Unlike climbers, campers and travellers are a little easier to buy for at the stocking filler price point, here are 3 things we think they'll love.
- Black Diamond Moji+ - The ultimate pocket rocket camping lamp.
- Sea to Summit DeltaLight Camp Set 2.2 - The ideal starter set for newer campers this Christmas with two lightweight dining sets perfect for a couples trip.
- GSI Pinnacle Canister Stove - Squeaking in just under our limit is this fantastic starter stove from GSI.