“Grivel's most technical crampon is now at its fourth evolution, integrating Grivel’s active anti-balling plate and simplifying all adjustments.”
Top end technical design is met with a far more user-friendly design ethic in the new Rambo. Just one screw to adjust the length, just one screw to substitute a point, just one screw to position the spur, nice! The overall design and build of the Rambo makes it a winning format for those looking for a crampon to suit terrain varying from pure ice to a more British/Scottish style of winter climbing. Be aware however, the rigid nature of the crampon along with the “anatomic curve” makes it unsuitable as a walking or general mountaineering crampon.
As with all premium Grivel crampons these suckers are armed with the latest in snow resisting AB plates, incorporating Grivel’s snow-popping system. Both sections are interlinked via an “Accordion” to protect the t-bar.
Mountain Boots & Crampon Compatibility
- 11 or 12 point design (depending on personal set up)
- Crampomatic step in design.
- Rigid bar with anatomic curve.
- Asymmetrical forged mono-point, extremely easy to substitute with just one screw.
- Half point external lateral support point: a new solution for external support.
- Structure in rigid plastic acts as a spacer for the screws and as support for the supple rubber anti-balling device.
- Accordion in supple rubber holds together the front and rear parts of the AB system.
- Four retention points for descent.
- Moveable spur.
- Antiball Plates: Yes
- Binding: Full Step-In
- Boot Size: Euro 38-48 (UK 5-13)
- Front Points: Mono or Dual
- Number of Points: 11 or 12
- Material: Chromoly Steel
- Weight: 1145g (pair - without heel spurs)