The ArcTeryx Acrux AR is the lightest, most durable, and lowest profile insulated double boot available, designed for mountaineering, ice and mixed climbing.
The task was to create the lightest, most durable, best fitting, lowest volume weatherproof double boot ever made. The Acrux AR is the result. Combining the light weight and low volume of a single boot with the insulation, protection and quick drying advantages of a double boot the Acrux AR mountain boot is an unprecedented achievement that meets the full spectrum of performance demands. The comfort and support of Arcteryx Adaptive Fit technology, unique laminated construction, and a wide range of innovative components and materials are all leveraged to meet the dynamic needs of the alpine climber’s foot and the rigorous demands of extreme environments.
Climbers and professional mountain guides require use-specific performance across a range of alpine conditions and terrain. Their boot needs to provide support and security on mixed routes, ice climbs and glacial traverses. It needs to keep the foot warm, dry and comfortable, then dry quickly if moisture accumulates. It needs to withstand repeated use on rugged terrain. It needs to fit and provide a supportive platform. It needs to deliver all of this in a lightweight, low volume package for agility and freedom in extreme situations. Until now, some of these needs would have to be sacrificed to meet the others.
Arcteryx took the time to develop and meld new technologies so that the Acrux AR could satisfy the range of climbers’ needs without compromise. Arcteryx Adaptive Fit technology uses a removable bootie that employs stretch textiles and minimal seams to create an instant custom fit with no pressure. With protection extended beyond the cuff of the boot and the highest level of breathability in this category, the bootie’s GORE-TEX membrane optimises climate control and waterproof benefit. The perforated PE foam’s quick dry properties improve comfort, and a rubberised sole allows the bootie to be used as a camp shoe. The PE inner shell is preformed to compliment the bootie’s Adaptive Fit performance while providing insulation and a secure foothold. Laminated Watertight™ construction and an exceptionally breathable GORE-TEX gaiter deliver total protection from water with a high level of abrasion and puncture resistance to offset potential damage from crampons and rock. The specially developed Vibram AR outsole is designed for support and sure footedness. The tread and construction feature a semi-blocked toe, with anti-slip grooves, a medial climbing support zone, and heel created to provide braking on steep descents. The Vibram Mont rubber compound maintains its performance in sub-zero conditions.
For more information on choosing the right mountain boots and fitting the correct crampons click here: Mountain Boots and Crampons
- Waterproof & Breathable
- Custom developed 3D moulded Ortholite™ footbed delivers maximum comfort, breathability and arch support
- Sharp heel brake and mountaineering heel tread for stability, traction and braking
- Semi blocked toe, with anti-slip grooves
- Medial climbing support zone
- Durable heel edge
- Highly durable EVA foam midsole absorbs shock while providing precision stability
- Hardwearing laminated GORE-TEX® gaiter delivers waterproof, breathable protection with exceptional abrasion and puncture resistance
- Combines the warmth of a double boot, protection of a super-gaiter boot, and lightweight, low volume advantages of a single boot for use up to 5000 metres
- Fast and efficient lacing system with independent velcro strap adjustment for collar
- T-ZIP WaterTight™ front closure zipper
- Separate shell and liner construction increases waterproof/breathable protection
- Arc'teryx Adaptive fit utilises an independent liner that conforms to the foot for a custom fit with no pressure points
- Completely removable, interchangeable liner for improved washability, dry-ability and extends use and climate adaptability.
- Crampon Compatibility: B3
- Single/Double: Double
- Lining: Inner Shell - 4mm 3D formed perforated PE foam | Insole - Carbon fiber with expanded PU foam core
- Midsole: Lightweight TPU Midsole with variable thickness
- Outsole: Vibram® AR, Mont Compound
- Upper: GORE-TEX® 3-Layer with 0,6 mm TPU protection film | Toe & Heel - Injected TPU heel and toe counters
- Weight: 980g (pair of 42)
High Altitude (5000m) / Scottish Winter / Summer Alpine (B3)