The Scarpa Ribelle Lite OD is a lightweight and comfortable mountaineering boot ideal for technical trekking and alpinism.
Favoured by mountain guides and mountain professionals due to the increased stability, comfort and protection, the Scarpa Ribelle Lite OD boots are the perfect solution for those seeking innovation, lightness and a fast and comfortable boot. Built on an innovative last shape which is a unique design and immediately recognisable as a member of the Scarpa RIBELLE family.
The combination of Sock-Fit XT construction system, the Tech Fabric materials, and the OutDry® technology are what make the Ribelle Lite OD boot ideal for technical trekking, alpinism and for mountain guides and mountain professionals due to the increased stability, comfort and protection. The Ribelle Lite utilizes the Pentax Precision III sole which has a light PU midsole and Vibram® Mont compound on the outsole which provides great traction on all surfaces. The TPU crampon insert on the heel makes it compatible with the use of semi-automatic (C2) crampons while the front part of the sole makes easy for the foot to roll fast off the heel.
What is OutDry®?
OutDry® is an innovative Italian technology developed specifically to waterproof footwear, gloves and other clothing items where the standard manufacturing techniques based on seam-sealed waterproof fabrics (e.g. Gore-Tex) cannot be utilised as efficiently. Thanks to the OutDry® patented lamination process, the waterproof/ breathable membrane is directly bonded to the interior of the shoe or glove, perfectly sealing any possible water entry point.
Main Advantages of OutDry®
- The external layer and the membrane are a unique body; no space in between for water to collect.
- Water penetration and absorbency are minimised so so weight does not increase in the wet.
- The membrane has a very high capacity of water vapour permeability.
- The is no seam sealing tape (as with Gore-Tex), enabling OutDry to exploit 100% of the membrane breathable surface.
- Keeps a large volume of dry air between the skin and the membrane, reducing the risk of dew condensation.
For more information on choosing the right mountain boots and fitting the correct crampons click here: Mountain Boots and Crampons
- Crampon Compatibility: B1,B2
- Single/Double: Single
- Lining: Outdry® Lamination + 37.5 by Cocona
- Midsole: Activ Plus (polypropylene + fibre glass 4 mm)
- Outsole: Pentax Precision III
- Upper: Tech Fabric and Microtech
- Weight: 1300g (pair of 42)
Use: Summer Alpine / Summer & Winter Trekking / Winter Mountaineering / Via Ferrata