The Skye Sea-Cliffs and Outcrops guidebook is a Scottish Mountaineering Club climbers' guide that details all the climbing to be found on the sea-cliffs and outcrops on the magical Isle of Skye.
"With its dramatic dolerite columns, sandstone overhangs and better weather, Skye’s craggy coastline is now well established as a major attraction for any visiting climber. The principle venue is the immaculate dolerite of Neist, where seemingly endless rock has provided a steady stream of quality new routes. Elsewhere, many new venues have been added since the last guide, including the cliffs of Raasay, while in winter, the Trotternish escarpment has provided numerous long, high quality ice climbs, with scope for many more." - Back cover.
* An up to date and fully comprehensive guide to what is an increasingly popular area, on an already popular island.
* A companion volume to the 2011 guide to the Cuillin mountains of Skye.
* Written by one of the recognised experts in this area.
* Full colour throughout with action pictures and detailed photo-diagrams.
* User friendly in a successful and well presented format.
* Page marker ribbon to ease the location of climbs.
Mark Hudson is a Skye aficionado and a graphic artist whose diagrams have enhanced two editions of the popular Skye Scrambles guidebook, as well as the Ben Nevis guidebook. A family home on the island has enabled him to spend a considerable amount of time here since childhood, which he has put to good use in becoming actively involved in the development of the climbing.
- Binding: Paperback
- Illustrations: colour photo topos
- Country: Scotland
- ISBN13: 9781907233142
- Language: English
- Pages: 336
- Published Date: 2012
- Publisher: SMC
- Region: Scotland - Islands
- Manufacturer: SMC