The Salewa Wildfire GTX Womens is a highly versatile and comfortable technical approach shoe, providing optimal grip, traction and precision.
Utilising the POMOCA Speed MTN sole made from Pomoca Butylic compound rubber, the Salewa Wildfire GTX can be used for technical approaches, scrambling, traversing and climbing on both wet and dry rock. The aggressive tread lugs also offer improved traction and grip when walking over mud and softer ground. The EXA Shell technology injected 3D cage enhances the torsional stability of the shoe, allowing for a precise fitting upper, which coupled with the 3F system, wraps around your foot to increase flexibility, fit and firm ankle and heel support over rocky terrain. Additionally, the climbing lacing system further supports the wrapping fit, especially at the forefoot and allows you to fine-tune the toe for greater precision on technical terrain.
To cope with wet conditions, the Wildfire GTX has a GORE-TEX® extended Comfort lining which provides breathable and waterproof protection from all types of weather. The OrthoLite footbed provides superior cushioning and wicks away moisture, helping to keep your feet cooler and drier.
- 3F System: Connects the instep area of the shoe with the sole and heel; ensuring flexibility, support and the correct fit where it's needed.
- Climbing Lacing: Offers accurate adjustment in the toe-area of your shoe, giving more support and performance when tackling technical terrain.
- EXA-Shell: Grid structure wraps around your upper foot, providing a precise fit and perfect front-foot balance. The shell also minimises abrasion of the upper material.
- Liner: GORE-TEX® Extended Comfort
- Midsole: Injected EVA
- Outsole: Pomoca Speed MTN
- Upper: Breathable mesh / Exa Shell Over Injected 3D Cage
- Last: Technical Approach
- Weight: 350g (UK 5)