The ArcTeryx Acrux SL Leather is a lightweight approach shoe that's been designed for technical approaches on difficult terrain.
With optimal fit, agility and traction the versatile Acrux SL is a light, exceptionally durable approach shoe, designed to handle demanding approaches, scrambles, day hikes and everyday wear. Easy to pack and carry, this shoe differentiates itself from the rest of the Acrux SL line up by featuring a leather upper that is not only durable, lightweight, and hydrophobic, but also prevents pressure points and hot spots.
The Adaptive Fit Liner consists of a non-removable, internal stretch liner that promotes ample breathability and surrounds the foot for a sock-like fit and feel. Additionally, the Ortholite footbed and EVA midsole deliver arch support, shock attenuation, and day-long comfort. The laminated heel and toe cap bolsters your defence against trail-side rocks or roots. A Y-Groove split heel is designed to improve your footing when trekking through loose terrain, which further advocates for the use of this shoe in diverse conditions.
Arc'Teryx and Vibram worked closely to develop an outsole that delivers versatility without sacrificing performance. Specifically configured to deliver grip and support required for difficult approaches and descents on rock and technical terrain, the tread design provides traction while climbing without sacrificing ease of stride on flats and trails. The Vibram Megagrip rubber compound helps maintain secure footing in wet and dry conditions. Cushioning comes from the injected EVA midsole that is specifically moulded for stability and impact protection. The injected TPU chassis adds support and stability, and the Ortholite footbed adds a layer of comfort.
Check out Rock + Run's detailed review of the Arc'Teryx Acrux SL Leather approach shoe here
- Thermo-laminated construction are highly abrasion resistant, durable, lightweight and hydrophobic
- Easy entry for front and rear pull loops
- Integrated eyelet reinforcements enhance durability
- Spherical heel shape for improved braking and a smooth stride
- 3D-molded OrthoLite footbeds deliver comfort, breathability and arch support
- EVA foam midsoles absorb shock while providing stability
- Laminated heel and toe caps secure fit and add support
- Vibram Light Approach and Megagrip outsole
- Lining: Microfibre
- Midsole: EVA
- Outsole: Vibram® Megagrip
- Upper: Water resistance split leather
Weight: 706g (UK8)