Boreal have further enhanced their most popular double boot, taking comfort and performance to another level. Careful selection of the best modern materials has enabled us to reduce weight without compromising warmth. G1 Lite is truly a modern classic mountaineering boot for winter alpine ascents and 6000m peaks.
The upper is made from lightweight synthetic textiles and unlike plastic shelled boots it is soft and articulated making it much more comfortable to wear. A soft elasticated snow cuff fits snugly around the leg to keep the snow out. Inside the upper is lined with a tough and waterproof breathable Cordura reinforced laminate. Sandwiched between these layers is 6mm of EVA foam for superb thermal insulation and the new synthetic rand material is lighter and warmer than rubber and won’t perish in the high U.V light conditions found at high altitude. The all new inner bootie is made from a very lightweight and extremely warm triple layer laminate material comprising of an outer polyurethane layer, heat reflecting aluminium film and an inner layer of insulating EVA foam.
Triple Thinsulate™ layers fully surround the foot providing yet more insulation with no cold spots and a fully waterproof breathable Boreal Dry-Line® lining guarantees to keep your feet dry. The ‘Tanka’ and strap closure is easy to use and is adjustable around the instep area for a custom fit. G1 Lite is fully compatible with automatic crampons and uses dual density crampon lugs, hard at the rear for a secure fit and soft at the front for reducing vibration when frontpointing on bullet hard ice. The advanced carbon composite midsole is rigid, yet incredibly lightweight and ample underfoot cushioning is provided by dual density shock absorbing PU and EVA layers. Finally, our choice of a deeply lugged Vibram® Teton outsole will help keep you upright on the approach.
For more information on choosing the right mountain boots and fitting the correct crampons click here: Mountain Boots and Crampons
- UPPERS: Double boot with an outer shell and removable inner bootie
- OUTER BOOT: Lightweight, highly abrasion resistant and water-resistant Teramida with Lorica and ceramic reinforced stretch Cordura. Bi-flex system for superior ankle articulation and comfort. 6mm EVA insulation layer and Cordura-Sympatex waterproof breathable lining. 1.4mm neoprene insole for insulation. Integral elasticated snow skirt. Lightweight TPU rand for durability
- INNER BOOT: Bootie made from very lightweight and extremely insulative triple layer laminate. A heat reflective aluminium film is bonded to a durable polyurethane outer layer and insulative EVA foam on the internal side. Boreal Dry-Line® waterproof breathable lining with fully thermosealed seams. Triple Thinsulate®layers (no adhesives used) suround the foot guaranteeing maximum thermal protection with no cold spots. The sole of the bootie is covered with a durable textured TPU surface. Easy adjust 'Tanka' and strap closure system with adjustable fit around the instep area
- MIDSOLE: Ultralight Boreal PBG-680 carbon composite midsole with lateral torsion control. Unique Thinsulate lining for superior underfoot thermal insulation
- SOLE: Vibram Teton rubber outsole with dual density EVA and PU shock absorbing layers. Differential hardness TPU toe and heel pieces for automatic crampons
- USAGE: High altitude mountaineering. Long winter alpine ascents
- Age Group: Adult
- Crampon Compatibility: B3
- Single/Double: Double
- Use: High Altitude (6000m),High Altitude (7000m)
- Lining: Bootie made from very lightweight and extremely insulative triple layer laminate.
- Midsole: Ultralight Boreal PBG-680 carbon composite midsole with lateral torsion control. Unique Thinsulate lining for superior underfoot thermal insulation.
- Outsole: Vibram Teton rubber outsole with dual density EVA and PU shock absorbing layers. Differential hardness TPU toe and heel pieces for automatic crampons.
- Upper: Double boot with an outer shell and removable inner bootie.
- Manufacturer: Boreal
- Weight: 2290g (UK8)