DMM Wallnuts are amongst the most popular climbing nuts that you can find on a rack, and are a staple for many climbers.
One of the defining features of DMM Wallnuts has to be the scalloped edge. This allows the nut to be placed in more complex placements, where crystals and other irregularities may have otherwise got in the way. They can easily be placed face or side on due the way that they curve, so each nut has plenty of placement options. DMM have worked on the alloy mix with the end result being a nut that bites into the rock when fallen on. The anodizing helps when finding the right size gear for the job, the colour also coincides with Wild Country Rocks, to help avoid confusion if you use both. Other important factors in the manufacture and design are the reduction of any excess weight where possible and the well rounded edges allowing snag free placements, and easy cleaning for your second.
Overall DMM Wallnuts would make a good choice for your first set, or and additional complementary set of nuts.
- Complex 3D curves and scallops means secure and fast placement in all rock types
- DMMs accurate heat treatment processes on specifically chosen alloys maximises bite
- Counter sunk and drilled out all the radiuses to avoid stress points where the wire enters the nut
- Rumbled well to remove sharp edges that can hinder placement
- Either Hot forged or CNC'd from sizes 1 to 6 keep strength high and weight to a minimum
- Extruded bar used on sizes 7 to 11 to reduce weight
- Full size crimp because this is critical to safety
- Double sealed label upside down for ease of identification
- Joint collaboration with Wild Country to standardise colour recognition (DMM make the lightweight, coloured Rocks for Wild Country).
- Manufacturer: DMM
- Mpn: A1613A
- Weight: 15g to 68g