The DMM Zodiac Screwgate carabiner was originally designed for rigging, but is now widely used as a tough screwgate for high load scenarios and general climbing purposes.
Essentially a beefed up DMM Shadow, the Zodiac is not the lightest biner DMM manufacture, however it is extremely strong and hardwearing making it ideal for rigging top-ropes and arduous abseils. Thanks to the I-Beam construction it is comparatively light when compared to other similarly spec'd carabiners.
- Strong rigging biner with a large gate opening, internal volume, and extended rope basket. Easier to handle with gloves on.
- Offset D shape encourages correct alignment and loading, and increased volume enables improved handling and compatibility with thicker ropes and multiple knots and slings
- The nose design helps resist shearing forces and achieves a high side loading strength rating.
- Taperlock design which is an evolution of the Keylock design, giving a clean internal profile that prevents snagging on gear, bolts and slings.
- Strong and light I-Beam construction
- Gate Clearance mm: 19
- Gate Closed kN: 32
- Gate Open kN: 12
- Keylock: Yes
- Minor Axis kN: 12
- Width Widest mm: 66
- Length mm: 114
- Material: Alloy
- Weight: 75g