At 29,028 ft Mount Everest has the world's highest summit. Even the trek to base camp is arduous. Climbing higher means facing extreme conditions and demands the utmost in preparation. The author describes the two standard ascent routes from both Nepal and Tibet, from the North Col and South Col to the summit. Also included is information in preparation, conditioning, permits, guide services, dangers, insurance, and on-line websites that can be of use.
About the Author
Born in 1970 in the Netherlands, Harry Kikstra lives in Amsterdam. Since gaining a Master's degree in business management, he has combined commercial work with an adventurous life that takes him all over the world. He created his popular website www.7summits.com in 1999 when he became a full-time adventurer, organiser and leader of expeditions, including some TV productions. He has climbed all seven summits of the seven continents, including Everest from both Nepal and Tibet.
- Guidebook author: Harry Kikstra
- Guidebook country: OTHER
- Guidebook isbn10: 1898481547
- Guidebook isbn13: 9781898481546
- Guidebook language: English
- Guidebook numberofpages: 96
- Guidebook pagesize: 117 x 145 mm
- Guidebook publisheddate: 2009
- Guidebook publisher: Rucksack Readers
- Guidebook region: OTHER
- Manufacturer: Interlink Books