Exped DownMat Pump - much more warmth and comfort with far less bulk!
Exped DownMats are super comfortable, infinitely warmer and more compact than any other comparable mat of similar weight. Since the internal down compresses so well, Downmats also pack very small, and the integrated pump makes inflation extremely easy.
The main benefit of a down mat is that heat loss is dramatically reduced via the down insulation inside the mat, as demonstrated by EMPA - the Swiss Federal Labaratories for Materials Testing and Research, and field tests by expeditions. The thick cushion of air also provides comfort and smooths out uneven ground.
- Both low profile valves (pat. pend), one for inflation and the other for deflation, ensure ease of use. As the valves are flat and not on the mat‘s edge they do not protrude and are therefore protected and durable.
- Light foam blocks at the mat's ends prevent down from escaping or migrating between chambers.
- Laminated polyester fabric is both durable, airtight and humidity resistant. The shell‘s top surface is of brushed polyester fabric that provides excellent slip resistance and comfort next to the skin. Dark colors dry quickly. The seams are high frequency welded for durability.
- Two loops at the head end can be used to secure the packsack to the mat when used as a pillow.
- Light and warm: The DownMat 7 Pump has a R-Value of 5.9. At about the same weight a standard 2.5 cm selfinflating mat only has a R-Value of 2.5. Further EMPA tests demonstrated that regular mats lose 3x more heat to cold ground than to the air. The conclusion: use a lighter weight sleeping bag with a DownMat to achieve consistent overall comfort, and still reduce weight and bulk!
- Exped only uses IDFL-certified goose down, specially treated to eliminate the effects of humidity that may reach the mat‘s interior.
- Size: 183x52x7cm / 72x20x2.8"
- Weight: 880g / 31 oz
- Packsack 18g / 0.6 oz
- Packed: 23x16cm / 9x6"
- Fill Weight: 170g / 6 oz
- Temperature: -24°C / -11°F
- Internationally patented