SIM stands for Self Inflating Mat: these are traditionally designed inflating mats with hollow air channels resulting in reduced weight and bulk - comfortable, slip resistant, and durable.
The “Comfort” range incorporate thicker foams, plush polyester fabric, and generous dimensions, helping to make these mats some of the warmest and most comfortable available - this mat is ideal for serious applications in cold climates, such as polar and big mountain rage expeditions as well as base cam use.
- Exped SIM Comfort mats inflate quickly through Exped's exclusive FlatValves, one each for inflation and for deflation.
- Laminated polyester fabric is both durable, airtight and humidity resistant. The shell‘s top surface is of brushed polyester fabric that provides excellent slip resistance and comfort next to the skin.
- Generously sized stuff sacks for easy packing.
- Only CFK-free, high grade open cell polyurethane foam is used.
- High frequency welded seams and strong lamination of foam and fabric for durability. Delamination is generally the most common defect in self inflating mats and the reason why the lamination process gets special attention.
- Velcro strips that enable joining of 2+ mats
- Included: repair kit with adhesive and fabric patches.
- Size: 198x65x10cm
- Weight: 2240g (mat only)
- Packed: 70x18cm
- Temperature: -48°C / -54°F
- Horizontal cores reduce weight and bulk
- R-value: 9.5