The Grivel Double Spring Leash is a nifty device, which allows you to climb leash-less without the worry of dropping your prized ice axes.
- Makes it (nearly) impossible to lose the ice axes
- Leaves hands free
- Long when required
- Compact when required
- An elastic double sling system to avoid losing tools when climbing on rock or ice, solving the problem of modern climbing without a leash.
- The Double Spring is attached to the harness by looping it through the tape ring over the harness itself.
- The two ice axes are attached with 2 small carabiners to the holes on the spike (max 750kg).
- Permits easy changeovers of hands and tools.
- The two sections are so elastic that they don’t impede any movement and allow maximum arm extension when required.
Attention: the double spring must never be used as a self belay for the climber or to belay a companion. Its strength is limited to 200kg.
The two small carabiners have a maximum resistance of 750kg and must never be used instead of normal carabiners when climbing or belaying.