The Grivel Zen 35 is the newest model in the Zen range and is designed for rock, alpine, and multi-pitch climbing. This is Grivel's do-it-all backpack for anyone who likes just one versatile and functional backpack in their arsenal. It features the same fully concealable design philosophy of the originals, but with a new, lighter fabric than before. VX-07 is the not-so-catchy name given to it.
Turns out, VX-07 was originally designed as a sail material. It consists of a Ripstop Polyester main fabric with a 70-denier nylon face and a 50-denier taffeta backing. In other words, it's a highly tear-resistant fabric with a waterproof outer and an even more durable inner. If you're looking for versatility, this fabric should give you the best balance of everything.
Most of the Zen 35's features are fairly standard, including two ice axe slots, two side ski slots, two front daisy chains, zipped pockets, and internal organisation, but by far the best is the zipped compartment that allows you to access the bag's contents from the rear, without any unpacking. Some alpine packs are undoubtedly lighter, but the Zen 35 will perform on anything you throw at it and will easily carry anything you throw in it.
- MATERIAL: X-Pac™ Ripstop Polyester and 70-denier nylon fabric
- GEAR SLOTS: 2 ice axe slots, 2 ski slots, 2 front daisy chains
- WEIGHT: 992g
- Ergonomic thermo-formed back for maximum comfort
- Fully concealable straps, holders, lashes and waist belt
- Wide and fast top-opening for best functionality
- A zipped pocket on the bag's lid stores small items
- Internal sleeve and hook separates gear and certain tools
- Fully accessible from the rear. No need to remove all of the contents