The Petzl Ascension is the most simple and commonly used handled ascender device for ascending static lines.
Available in left-handed and right-handed versions the Ascension features an over-moulded grip and ergonomic upper section for a comfortable and powerful grip, even when wearing gloves and when pulling with one hand or two. It also features a wide lower hole for easily attaching two carabiners for use with a lanyard and foot loop.
The Ascension will grip ropes in all conditions, even on ice and mud encrusted ropes, with help of the self-cleaning cam. The teeth are thin so that they pass between the fibres of the rope sheath without causing damage. These spikes are angled downwards so that when ascending there is minimal wear on the rope and a smoother action is applied.
- Ergonomic molded handle allows a comfortable yet powerful grip
- Wide opening allows the handle to be easily grasped, even with thick gloves.
- Ergonomic upper part to maximize power when pulling with two hands
- Safety catch is totally integrated into the body of the ascender to help prevent snagging
- Toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions (frozen or dirty ropes)
- Wide lower hole allows the carabiners of the CONNECT ADJUST lanyard and FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD footloop to be easily attached
- Upper hole for clipping a carabiner around the rope
- Handled: Yes
- Manufacturer: Petzl
- Weight: 165g