The Petzl Ascension is a handled rope clamp for ascending static lines and the most commonly used handled ascension device. The Ascension features an over-moulded grip and ergonomic upper section for a comfortable and powerful grip when pulling with one hands or two. The Petzl Ascension has a wide lower hole for easily attaching two carabiners for use with a lanyard and foot loop.
The Ascensions grip ropes in all conditions, even on ice and mud encrusted ropes, with help of the self-cleaning cam. The teeth are thin so that they pass between the fibers of the rope sheath without causing damage. These spikes are angled downwards so that when ascending there is minimal wear on the rope and a smoother action is applied.
- Ergonomic molded handle allows a comfortable yet powerful grip
- Wide opening allows the handle to be easily grasped, even with thick gloves.
- Ergonomic upper part to maximize power when pulling with two hands
- Safety catch is totally integrated into the body of the ascender to help prevent snagging
- Toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions (frozen or dirty ropes)
- Wide lower hole allows the carabiners of the CONNECT ADJUST lanyard and FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD footloop to be easily attached
- Upper hole for clipping a carabiner around the rope
Available in left-handed and right-handed versions
- Handled: Yes
- Manufacturer: Petzl
- Weight: 165g