The Rab Ascent 1100 is a down-filled sleeping bag, designed specifically for regular and general purpose outdoor use.
Using a highly durable Pertex® Microlight inner and outer fabric, the Ascent 1100 is filled with 1100g (standard) of 650FP European Duck Down, and is designed in a user-friendly rectangular shape, ideal for general purpose outdoor use.
The Ascent range of sleeping bags offers great value for the feature set, which is similar to that of the more technical Rab® bags, such as internal YKK stash pockets, anti-snag webbing tape and a trapezoidal baffle design to eliminate cold spots.
Remember, temperature ratings are used to indicate a bags performance and help you decide between models. However, they are subjective and can be greatly affected by factors such as what you're happy to wear (clothing wise) in conjunction with the bag, your health and metabolism, how much you have had to eat or drink, humidity and altitude, the type of shelter used and whether you are using a suitable insulating mat.
As a guide, the "Comfort" rating indicates the range at which a woman gets a comfortable night’s sleep, the "Limit of Comfort" rating indicates the range at which a man gets a comfortable night’s sleep and the "Extreme" rating indicates a range at which a woman is protected from hypothermia. The Extreme rating is basically a survival rating and it is not advisable to rely on this for general use.
More Help? For further assistance on choosing your down sleeping bag, please view the various help videos available under the 'Videos' tab above. We also have an article explaining fill power, the pros and cons of down over synthetic insulation and more info on caring for your bag available to view here: Down Sleeping Bags.
- Down fill weight: 900g
- Pertex® Microlight inner and outer fabric
- 650FP European Duck Down
- Rab® fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Wide mummy shape / Proportionally assigned differential cut
- Internal YKK 3 coil zipped stash pocket / Wide foot area for extended comfort
- ¾ length YKK 5 coil main zip
- Left and right hand zips available - can be zipped to other Ascents
- Anti-snag zipper webbing tape / Internal collar and hood drawcord
- Close fitting neck baffle design
- Trapezoidal baffle chamber design
- Angled foot box
- Compression stuff sack
- Cotton storage sack
The Ascent 1100 is hand-filled in Derbyshire, UK.
- Compression Size: 48 x 26 cm (without Compression)
- Length: 225cm (Max user height 185cm)
- Manufacturer: Rab
- Fill Power: 650+US European Fluorocarbon Free Hydrophobic Duck Down
- Weight: 1530g