The Rab Neutrino 400 features hydrophobic European goose down with an 800 fill power, Pertex Quantum GL inner and outer fabrics - a superlight material which allows the down to quickly and efficiently reach its maximum loft - and a roll-top waterproof compression stuff sac. This X-Long version provides a longer body and slightly broader fit for taller individuals. The Neutrino 400 is aimed at fast and light mountaineering and alpinism, ultralight backpacking and cycle tourers. Utilising a tapered mummy shape, half length zip and cutting edge materials they greatly reduce weight and maximise warmth.
Remember, temperature ratings are used to indicate a bags performance and help you decide between models. However, they are subjective and can be greatly affected by factors such as what you're happy to wear (clothing wise) in conjunction with the bag, your health and metabolism, how much you have had to eat or drink, humidity and altitude, the type of shelter used and whether you are using a suitable insulating mat.
As a guide, the "Comfort" rating indicates the range at which a woman gets a comfortable night’s sleep, the "Limit of Comfort" rating indicates the range at which a man gets a comfortable night’s sleep and the "Extreme" rating indicates a range at which a woman is protected from hypothermia. The Extreme rating is basically a survival rating and it is not advisable to rely on this for general use.
More Help? For further assistance on choosing your down sleeping bag, please view the various help videos available under the 'Videos' tab above. We also have an article explaining fill power, the pros and cons of down over synthetic insulation and more info on caring for your bag available to view here: Down Sleeping Bags.
- Pertex Quantum® outer fabric
- Pertex Quantum® inner fabric
- 800FP European Goose Down
- Rab® fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax®
- Mummy taper shape
- Proportionally assigned differential cut
- Internal YKK 3 coil zipped stash pocket
- ¾ length YKK 5 coil main zip
- Left and right hand zips available
- Anti snag zipper webbing tape
- Internal collar and hood drawcord
- Improved close fitting neck baffle design
- Trapezoidal baffle chamber design
- Angled foot box
- Dry bag compression stuff sack
- Cotton storage sack
- Temperature tested to new European standard EN13537: 2012
- Hand filled in Derbyshire UK
Perfect for: Lightweight mountaineering & Backpacking
- Compressed Size: 33 x 15 cm
- Length: 238cm (Max user height 200cm)
- Manufacturer: Rab
- Fill Power: 850+US European Fluorocarbon Free Hydrophobic Goose Down
- Weight: 805g