Whether trekking in the greater ranges with a big pack or picking your way up a Scottish gully in winter the Scarpa Charmoz is the essential womens mountaineering boot for these adventures and many more.
The uppers are constructed from a combination of L-Tech and Microtech synthetic leathers internally bonded to an Outdry® membrane - this is ultra-breathable, fully waterproof and highly durable. The inclusion of Memory foam, Autofit Collar, a renewed lacing system and the fact that they’re built on the very popular NAG last means that the fit is supportive where it needs to be, precise and yet will fit a wide variety of foot shapes and volumes.
All of this innovation and quality sits atop the new Pentax Precision II XT sole unit, Vibram outsole and is crampon rated to B2.
What is OutDry®?
OutDry® is an innovative Italian technology developed specifically to waterproof footwear, gloves and other clothing items where the standard manufacturing techniques based on seam-sealed waterproof fabrics (e.g. Gore-Tex) cannot be utilised as efficiently. Thanks to the OutDry® patented lamination process, the waterproof/ breathable membrane is directly bonded to the interior of the shoe or glove, perfectly sealing any possible water entry point.
Main Advantages of OutDry®
- The external layer and the membrane are a unique body; no space in between for water to collect.
- Water penetration and absorbency are minimised so so weight does not increase in the wet.
- The membrane has a very high capacity of water vapour permeability.
- The is no seam sealing tape (as with Gore-Tex), enabling OutDry to exploit 100% of the membrane breathable surface.
- Keeps a large volume of dry air between the skin and the membrane, reducing the risk of dew condensation.
For more information on choosing the right mountain boots and fitting the correct crampons click here: Mountain Boots and Crampons
- Crampon Compatibility: B1,B2
- Single/Double: Single
- Lining: Outdry®
- Midsole: Pro-Fiber XT 20
- Outsole: Vibram Mulaz
- Upper: L-Tech and Microtech synthetic leather
- Weight: 1250g (pair of 38)
Use: Summer Walking / Trekking,Winter Walking / Scrambling (B0 - B2)