A light boot with an upper in suede leather and L-Tech inserts, made with the Sock-Fit XT by SCARPA® construction system on a special last designed for trekking. The side of the upper has a thermo-embossed exoskeleton that provides the feet with more lateral support.
Typical lacing-up-to-the-toe found on climbing footwear means that you can customisable the fit depending on the terrain, making Marmolada Pro a boot also suitable for very technical trekking trails and mountain walks/ Scrambles. A semi-rigid lasting board ensures the right balance between precision and comfort during the heel-to-toe transition. The Vibram Drumlin outsole includes a low density EVA insert in the heel area for better shock absorbing while the OUTDRY® membrane ensures durable weather protection and breathability.
What is OutDry®?
OutDry® is an innovative Italian technology developed specifically to waterproof footwear, gloves and other clothing items where the standard manufacturing techniques based on seam-sealed waterproof fabrics (e.g. Gore-Tex) cannot be utilised as efficiently. Thanks to the OutDry® patented lamination process, the waterproof/ breathable membrane is directly bonded to the interior of the shoe or glove, perfectly sealing any possible water entry point.
Main Advantages of OutDry®
- The external layer and the membrane are a unique body; no space in between for water to collect.
- Water penetration and absorbency are minimised so weight does not increase in the wet.
- The membrane has a very high capacity of water vapour permeability.
- The is no seam sealing tape (as with Gore-Tex), enabling OutDry to exploit 100% of the membrane breathable surface.
- Keeps a large volume of dry air between the skin and the membrane, reducing the risk of dew condensation.
For more information on choosing the right mountain boots and fitting the correct crampons click here: Mountain Boots and Crampons
- Crampon Compatibility: B1
- Single/Double: Single
- Use: Summer Walking / Trekking / Winter Walking
- Lining: Outdry®
- Midsole: Pentax Precision II XT
- Outsole: Vibram Drumlin
- Upper: Suede and L-Tech
- Manufacturer: Scarpa
- Weight: 1440g (pair of 42)