The Maltese Islands are a fast developing sport climbing destination a short flying time away from most European cities. They offer over 500 fully bolted sport routes, easy access to all the crags, short distances and mild weather, giving 12 months a year climbing potential. They are a scenic, interesting place to visit with the family too, with many cultural attractions in a small area.
Sport Climbing in Malta & Gozo is the long awaited guidebook which will bring climbers up to date with developments since the last guide was published back in 2007. Many of the climbs and crags featured are totally new and include more than 120 routes developed by well known climber Stevie Haston on Gozo during 2012. While there are no mountains in Malta, the beautiful, rugged coastline, inland ridges, caves and valleys provide excellent climbing possibilities on pocketed limestone at every grade, with the hardest so far at 8c+ with potential for even harder routes.
- Guidebook author: Simon Alden, Jeffrey Camilleri & Stevie Haston
- Guidebook country: Malta
- Guidebook isbn10: 9995706199
- Guidebook isbn13: 9789995706197
- Guidebook language: English
- Guidebook numberofpages: 168
- Guidebook pagesize: 149 x 210 mm
- Guidebook publisheddate: December 2013
- Guidebook publisher: Tufa Publications
- Guidebook region: OTHER
- Manufacturer: Tufa Publications