The Scarpa Furia Air offers next level design entwined with cutting edge components to provide arguably the world's lightest, most sensitive, fully featured rock climbing shoe.
The body of the shoe incorporates a dual layer, perforated Microfibre upper for good hold, super sensitivity and unparalleled breathability. The (currently) unique Alcantara insert, under the big toe area, amplifies the technical and sensorial performance allowing for a bespoke moulding. A differentiated tension system on the medial and lateral sides of the shoe, DTS (Differentiated Tension System) adapts perfectly to the dynamics of the foot in motion and concentrates power to the big toe. A minimalistic midsole increases frontal edging power without reducing sensitivity. The innovative tension absorbing heel construction, PAF (Power Absorbing Fit), offers secure fit and adaptability.
Perfect for the climber who wants a super soft, lightweight and sensitive, high performance shoe which still provides front-on and inside edging support/precision.
Check out Rock + Run's detailed review of the Scarpa Furia Air
- UPPER: Eight piece, dual layer upper allows for contouring fit and technically appropriate fabrics for varying parts of the shoe.
- NEW ALCANTARA internal toe insert: This luxury, synthetic leather is carbon neutral, grips the skin like nothing else and also features a two-way stretch memory, which holds its shape through the lifespan of the shoe.
- MIDSOLE: The Flexan 0.9mm midsole is thinner but with a larger surface area than than that of the Furia S and Drago, making it fractionally stiffer than these models under the big toe, whilst being overall softer and more sensitive.
- ACTIVE RANDING: Dual Tension System (DTS), provides varying tension on each side of the shoe - less tension on the inside edge and higher tension on the outside - creating a tension system and a slingshot heel in one.
- HEEL: Strip of injection-moulded plastic follows the back of the heel for improved protection and stability. This combines with a piece of 1mm XS Grip randing rubber to complete the rear portion of the Dual Tension System.
- TOE BOX RAND: Extended M50 rubber rand again features tension contouring holes and gives a morphic fit and unprecedented levels of stretch and grip making it incredible for toe/foot hooking.
- CLOSURE: The Wave Closure System uses a z-shaped Velcro strap to keep the upper firmly on the foot while in motion. Stretch gusset allows easy entry and exit.
- OUTSOLE: One third length, 3mm Vibram XS Grip 2 outsole - half a millimetre less than the Furia S and Drago.
If you require some assistance with sizing this shoe to your particular needs click here: Rock Shoe Sizing Guide