Filmmaker Alun Hughes presents a compilation of some of his best film moments from the 80s. Part Two has all the juicy climbing moments:
- Gogarth - follows Johnny Dawes and Paul Pritchard on such classics as Hardback Thesaurus - the first British E7 onsight first ascent. Some first ascents, and tasty falls from some of Gogarth's best known routes. 25 minutes.
- Strone Ulladale again joins Johnny Dawes and Paul Pritchard, but this time they are joined by Bob Drury and Crispin Waddy for some new routing in the Hebrides. 30 minutes.
- Buoux 8c History was made! Agincourt - The world's first 8c - Ben Moon waving the flag for British climbing! Also includes Johnny Dawes and the original strong-man Jerry Moffat on fine form. 25 minutes.
- The first 8a in the UK was on Welsh soil. Statement of Youth was a groundbreaking climb when Ben Moon first topped out at Lower Pen Trwyn. 5 minutes of the man himself, doing his thing.
- Liquid Amber - Another first, the first 8c in the UK. 5 minutes of Jerry Moffat showing what he's made of.
- Hubble - First climbed by Ben Moon and it was the world's first 8c+. A short, sharp route at Raven Tor, with extremely hard climbing. Ben Moon on absolute top form. 5 minutes.
This film is part of The Alun Hughes Collection. BMC TV is hosting the films of the The Alun Hughes Collection here on our YouTube channel. All films remain copyright Alun Hughes.