The MSR WhisperLite Universal Combo is a superb and relatively lightweight hybrid-fuel camping stove: able to combine canister and liquid fuel capabilities into a single simplistic stove unit.
The Universal is built on the upgraded WhisperLite chassis, which features lighter weight components, improved stability and simplified maintenance. The WhisperLite Universal will burn just about any fuel you're likely to find, and unlike other hybrid-fuel stoves on the market it comes complete with MSR's patent-pending AirControl™ technology, which delivers uncompromised performance across all fuel types. The stove also comes complete with a gas canister inverting stand which massively improves performance in colder climes or when the cylinder is running low and a 591ml MSR fuel bottle.
- Hybrid-Fuel Performance: Patent pending AirControl™ technology creates the optimal fuel/air mix for top-notch performance with canister fuel, white gas, kerosene and unleaded gasoline.
- Canister Liquid Feed: Delivers better cold weather and low-fuel performance with a more consistent output over the life of each canister. Canister stand Included.
- Lightweight: Aluminium mixer tube, extra-stable stainless steel legs and refined design keep weight to a minimum.
- Easy Transitions: Liquid and canister fuel couplers pair with fuel-specific jets for quick and easy transitions.
- Field Maintainable: Self-cleaning Shaker Jet technology and redesigned leg assembly facilitate fast cleaning and even easier maintenance in the field.
Includes: Heat Reflector/Windscreen, Fuel Bottle and Fuel pump.
Burn time (kerosene) per 600ml of fuel: Appx. 155 minutes
Minimum Weight: 388g
Packed Weight: 549g
Burn time (white gas) per 600ml: Appx. 110 minutes
Burn time (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g: Appx. 75 minutes
Boil time (white gas), 1 litre: 3.5 minutes
Boil time (kerosene), 1 litre: 4.4 minutes
Boil time (MSR IsoPro), 1 litre: 3.75 minutes
Water boiled (white gas) per 100 ml of fuel: 4.4 litres
Water boiled (kerosene) per 100 ml of fuel: 5.3 litres
Water boiled (MSR IsoPro) per 227-g canister: 15 litres
Fuel bottle & Gas Cylinder NOT included