The Petzl Alto crash pad is premium grade bouldering pad, lavished with innovative, high grade features and materials. The Alto offers a one-piece hingeless design comprised of a triple-layer foam assembly: two laminated sheets of hard, closed cell foam on top of a sheet of high grade open cell foam. Its patented folding/closure system lengthens the life of the foam, protects the harness when the pad is in use and also provides a large storage compartment for all your gear when the crash pad is closed (in carry mode).
The carry system utilises a super comfortable strapping configuration constructed via a laminate technology, similar to that seen in many modern climbing harnesses. It is both low bulk and exceptionally comfy on long walk-ins, even when the pad is heavily loaded with gear. The harness provides both a chest strap and waist belt and is extremely well fitting, spreading the load extraordinarily effectively. We reckon the Petzl pads offer the most adjustable and comfortable carry harnesses currently available.
Excellent protection / bulk compromises:
- 118 x 100 x 10 cm crashpad, easy to transport and position on the terrain
- three layers of foam of different densities and structures for better cushioning
- one-piece hingeless design for uniform cushioning over the entire surface
Petzl's patented folding system: zippered flap closure covers the carrying system, for greater protection and to create a storage space during transport
Easy to use and carry:
- adjustable bandolier for quick transport between boulders
- multiple handles for easy handling of the open crash pad
- handle for carrying the crash pad by hand when it is closed
- adjustable shoulder, waist and chest straps with solid metal buckles that are easy to adjust
Innovative design and durable materials:
- waterproof, ultra-durable fabric is reinforced in exposed areas
- protected corners
- lower seams in contact with ground are protected
Please note we are unable to send bouldering pads outside the EU.