The Petzl Tibloc is an incredibly light and super compact, versatile ascender ideal for alpine use, rope ascents and carrying in case of an emergency situation.
With an automatic system that presses the carabiner against the rope to start the braking action on the rope, the Tibloc is ideal for rope ascents, hauling systems or even for friction knot (Prusik knot) replacement in self-rescue situations. Whilst the teeth may look quite aggressive and may pick at the sheath, the core of the rope will be protected and not squashed unlike mechanical ascenders.
The Tibloc is probably not going to be an automatic replacement for your Prusik knots though it will do the job if required. It is much more efficient for ascending however so should be worth some consideration especially give the lightweight, even if only to carry one for emergencies.
- Can be used as a rope ascender or a progress capture device in a hauling system
- Automatic system presses the carabiner against the rope to start the braking action on the rope in any position
- Ultra-light (35 g) and very compact: the ascender can be carried permanently on the harness or in a pack
- Marking on the ascender is on side that is visible when installed
- Stainless steel cam with angled teeth and self-cleaning slot securely grips the rope, even in muddy or icy conditions
- Manufacturer: Petzl
- Rope Compatibility: 8 to 11mm
- Weight: 35g
- Certification: CE / UIAA