The South Wales Sport Climbs guidebook covers the area to the south of the Brecon Beacons, spanning the land and sea cliffs from the River Wye on the Welsh border, to Pembrokeshire in the west. The area is home to a wealth of sport climbing on a multitude of venues ranging from small inland quarries to extensive limestone sea cliffs.
The climbing is easily split into four main areas - Valleys Sandstone, Gower, the inland and coastal limestone crags, and Carmarthenshire's sea cliffs. The variation in climbing on offer is remarkable for such a compact area and access is easy.
This guidebook from Rockfax is the first to bring together these various crags into a single edition, with many never having been properly covered in print before. Indeed, many of the crags are new, reflecting the increasing popularity of sport climbing. The book is illustrated with a large number of superb action photos and the latest full colour topos, as well as up-to-date information on where to stay, eat, drink and relax.
- Carmarthenshire - Telpyn Point, Morfa Bychan, Pendine
- Gower - Rhossili Area, Third Sister to Paviland, Oxwich, Southgate Area, East and Inland Gower
- Inland and Coastal Limestone - Dinas Rock, Taffs Well, Taffs Well West, Gilwern, Witches Point, Temple Bay, Castle Upon Alun
- Valleys Sandstone - Treherbert, Gelli, Ton Pentre, Trebanog, Ferndale, Blaenllechau, Dan Dicks, Trehafod, Glynfach, Coed Ely, Cwmaman, Mountain Ash, The Gap, Navigation Quarry, The Darren, Deri, Bargoed, Llanbradach, Tirpentwys, Crymlyn Quarry, Tyle y Coch, Sirhowy, Dyffryn, Abbey Buttress
- Author: Mark Glaister
- Country: Wales
- ISBN10: 1873341369
- ISBN13: 9781873341360
- Language: English
- Pages: 360
- Page Size: 150 x 210 mm
- Published Date: October 2016
- Publisher: South Wales Mountaineering Club
- Region: Wales - South Wales
- Manufacturer: South Wales MC