The DMM Switch ice axe is a brilliant leashless tool which blends great design and DMM's legendary bombproof construction. It is ideally suited to modern mixed climbing, funky steep ice and dry tooling.
'T Rated Integrity Construction' means that all of the components are T Rated, from the pick, through the shaft, to the clip in point at the base of the handle. The handle itself is hot forged from a single piece of alloy with a grippy and highly insulating clear plastic coating. Although the grip is not adjustable, it should prove to be unbreakable - a major asset given its target usage.
In terms of geometry the Switch is very similar to the acclaimed Petzl Nomic, although the Switch is slightly heavier it definitely has a more burly feel to it than that tool.
- Glove friendly, hot forged ergonomic handle with full strength upper and lower rests and supreme stability
- T Rated Integrity Construction
- Full strength clip-in point accessible from either rest
- High clearance shaft
- Inboard eyelet allows threading of cord for use with freedom leashes
- Pick weights for bullet hard ice and customised balance
- Supplied with grip tape for handle/shaft customisation
- Supplied with T Rated Ice picks as standard
- Mixed and Ice specific picks available separately. Compact Hammer, Compact Adze, Mountain Adze (Large)
- Country of manufacture: GB
- Leash Included: No
- Pick Rating: T
- Shaft Rating: T
- Manufacturer: DMM
- Material: Aluminum, Chromoly steel, Stainless steel
- Weight: 722g